Article 1 – Collected personal data
1.1. De Gele Flamingo processes your Personal Data in the context of its activities. This concerns:
- Category 1, based on cookies: your IP address and details about your visit to our Website (to supplement with for example surfing behaviour, origin, search terms, ...);
- Category 2, upon registration or via one of the entry forms on our Website: your surname and first name, possibly the name of your company and VAT number, address details, your e-mail address and any other data you provide us with in the optional entry field;
- Category 3, if you call or email us: your email address and/or telephone number, as well as the data you provide yourself;
- Category 4, if you subscribe to our newsletter: your email address;
- Category 5, when placing an order: your surname and first name, possibly the name of your company and VAT number, address details and your email address.
1.2. De Gele Flamingo may collect your Personal Data in various ways:
- through your registration and use of our Website;
Article 2 – Purposes of the processing of data
2.1. General purposes:
De Gele Flamingo will use your Personal Data exclusively for:
- Category 1: the maintenance and improvement of our Website and the inclusion of Personal Data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be traced, with as legal basis your explicit, prior consent on your first visit to our Website.
- Categories 2 and 3: being able to answer the question you have asked on the legal basis of your explicit, prior online consent and our legitimate interest in contact by telephone;
- Categories 2, 3 and 4: direct marketing, newsletters, actions and promotions by De Gele Flamingo, with as legal basis our legitimate interest with regard to existing customers or your explicit, prior consent if you are not yet a customer of De Gele Flamingo. You can indicate at any time that you no longer wish to receive our newsletters via the opt-out option in our newsletters or by contacting us directly by mail or telephone;
- Category 5: the delivery and invoicing of products or services ordered by you, with as legal basis the performance of a contract that you have requested and for which the processing of your Personal Data is necessary because it is required by law or because De Gele Flamingo has a legitimate interest in doing so.
2.2. Direct marketing:
We also use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, but only if you give us your explicit consent ("opt-in") or if you are one of our existing customers.
You can revoke your consent to direct marketing at any time, at no cost and without stating any reason. All our mails contain a special unsubscribe link at the bottom of this mail.
Article 3 - How we share your information with third parties
We do not transfer your Personal Data to third parties, except with your prior consent.
If we ever cease our activities or transfer them to someone else, for example because we go bankrupt or sell our business, this could mean that your Personal Data will be transferred to third parties who will take over all or part of our business. In that case, De Gele Flamingo will always inform you in advance to the best of its ability, but you acknowledge that this may not be technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
In exceptional cases, we may be required to disclose Personal Data on the basis of a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. We will try to inform you in advance to the best of our ability, unless we are unable to do so for legal reasons.
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
We retain your Personal Data as long as necessary in function of the purposes of the processing.
Newsletter: your data will be stored for 180 days. If you have not had any contact with De Gele Flamingo during that time, your data will be deleted.
Invoicing data: : due to the legal obligations regarding accounting, these documents must be kept for 7 or 10 years after the last invoice date.
Article 5 – Your rights
You have the right to access your Personal Data and the ways in which we use them at any time, free of charge. You have the right to request us to correct, supplement or remove your Personal Data. In a number of cases listed in the GDPR, you may also ask us to limit the processing of your Personal Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data if you have serious and legitimate reasons that exceed our need to process your data. You also have the right to object at any time to the use of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, even without having to give a reason. You have the right to request your Personal Data in digital and readable form and/or to have them transferred to another service provider of your choice. Insofar as our processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time.
You can exercise your rights by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , by post to Staf Larohelaan 37, 2960 Brecht.'
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Tel : +32 (0)2 274 48 00
If necessary, you can also file a claim for damages before the civil court.
Article 6 – How we secure your personal data
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure the safety of your Personal Data. Under no circumstances can De Gele Flamingo be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the erroneous or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.